THE TRIDAWGS WEBSITE HAS MOVED. YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED SOON...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Dawg is going to KONA!!!!

Well Dawgs - it was an exciting weekend race wise for many people. Our own Marianne Moore won a slot to Kona! Sandy completed her first Half Ironman! Many raced in their first triathlons ever including Shannon and Diana (Diana's race report is below); our Tri-Pups (Brett, Brooke and Grant) rocked the Tri-It triathlon and Stephanie Khan swan 4.4 miles in less than 2 and half hours!!! (so what did the rest of you do this weekend?)....

Tri-It Triathlon June 12, 2011
http://www.piranha-sports.com/Results/ResultsByClub.aspx?RaceID=394&ClubID=144
Sprint Distance Division Time Awards
Saunders, Brett M0-19 0:45:15 4th overall; 2nd AG
Saunders, Brooke F0-19 0:50:33 2nd AG
Otto, Grant M0-19 0:54:19
Longhurst, Valerie F45-49 1:04:09
Lepley, Kristin F35-39 1:07:00
ORTIZ-BEAUDET, DIANA F30-34 1:10:26
Carter, Shannon F30-34 1:13:24

Eagleman Triathlon June 12, 2011
http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3/eagleman70.3#axzz1PFaxjlup
Half-Ironman Distance Division Time Awards
Jeff Kammerzelt M40-44 4:53:42
Katrina Dowidchuck W40-44 5:06:41 8th AG
Andy Jakubowitch M30-34 5:07:08
Paul Randolph M45-49 5:15:40
Lenny Rogers Clyesdale 5:39:32 5th place division
Marianne Moore W55-59 5:50:05 KONA!!!!!!!!!!!
Sara Boehmer W55-60 6:17:56
Sandy Womer W30-34 7:24:07

Bay Swim June 12, 2011
http://www.bayswim.com/
4.4 Mile Swim Distance Division Time Awards
Stephanie Khan W45-49 2:18 8th AG


Diana's race report (fabulous report by the way)...

Here is My intro to Tri-Dawgs - and my recap of my first sprint-Tri event.
I ran into Glenn at a school event. Mrs. Moore (please correct me) had just completed the Boston and he was sporting his NY marathon jacket. I very quietly mentioned wanting to do the 1/2 Ironman in Puerto Rico in March (cause you cant talk about that kinda thing with just anyone, they think you're crazy! Haha)
He talked about the Tr-Dawgs, recommended reading the blogs and I said, "sign me up" and have been quietly participating with Tr-Dawgs ever since! (approximately one month, haha)Ii started the the OWS at Lums as soon as I saw the posting for the start date.
That's about when I started my haphazard tri-training. There are plenty of structured workouts to follow, but with three little ones, (ages 3,4,&7) and a 40-50 hour work week, staying consistent is pure magic.
I wanted to share with you that this past Sunday, I completed my first Tri, the "Tri it-Tri and I am hooked. I was bummed at first because my running/training partner couldn't do it and it was too late to back out! But it was a blessing to have him help get settled :) I came in at 252/384. My transitions were horrendous!!! In the swim, I was swam over, under and elbowed in the head and veered off course TWICE! I loved the craziness so much, I ran out of the water cracking up!
My chain popped on my MOUNTAIN BIKE!! Yes, I took a Jeep into a race meant for Porsches'! My brother is a serious cyclist and he laughed at me, but I am working with what I've got! LOL it was a fun ride, I was told that the mountain bike made you work about 3x harder , so I tried to pedal 3x as fast as the 'skinny tire' people. I had the music from the wicked witch playing in my head, spinning super fast in Dorothy's window and not going anywhere! But I felt really great teetering into the run! Now I know what it feels like to be a newborn foal, legs don"t fail me now!! I really wanted to just RUN, but my legs betrayed me, they were like mush! Being a runner first, this was the strangest sensation for me and it took about a 1/2 mile to snap out of it. Then I flew and made up some ground, passing that one person that I couldn't get around on the bike! LOL
I bounded through the woods, whispering to the others along the way, 'Dont walk now, ur almost done!' if they had the energy to trip me, they probably woulda! HAHAHHAH
I'm Soooo happy, I finished. I am ok with my place because I learned so much and I am so glad to have met Everyone, so far i have completed two events in The piranha series. The Dover Duathlon, and the Tri-it Tri :)
I will let you know what events I plan on next too keep you updated.
Lotsa love!
Diana Ortiz-Beaudet

No comments:

Post a Comment